1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Ghaleon SNG Tuesday 13.11. at 20 CET -

25€ 5max sng A9o overcall in bubble?

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by Ghaleon, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

What do you think of this spot in general? Are you thinking of overcall or snap fold? Structure is 65/35.

SB is reggy and decently aggro so he is shoving pretty wide range. Likes to abuse bubble maybe bit too mych overall.

5maxsng.png

Tags:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Neo1186

Neo1186 Well-Known Member

Interesting hand. My initial thought was "clear overcall, why even ask" but looking at it with hrc:

[​IMG]

So first observation is that range is much tighter than I thought. Didn't at first understand why and what the main reason is with icm here.

So then I thought to change our stacksize and make us 1k chips shorter (and give the chips to chipleader to keep same chipcount in STT):
    [​IMG]

Now the changed chip situation also affects ranges, so while I still think it is interesting to look at that (for real world play) I still want to know what difference our stacksize alone makes in a vaccum, so I did a third calculation and copy pasted all the ranges from original calculation (including collision ranges after BU folds):
    [​IMG]

Now we can still think about how much BU jams and SB overjams in real world to get a better idea of our final overcalling range, but the important thing for me at least is that our stacksize seems to be the big problem here and we need to be in really good shape vs SB overjam range to make up for the huge equity loss when BU survives allin and we lose all our equity in the tournament.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      74.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG