1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Kyyberi PLO Friday September 22nd at 20 CET -

6max: Difficult Prebubble Spot vs Reg (STT)

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by Neo1186, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Neo1186

Neo1186 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Microgaming - 0|40/80 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 1.91 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 42)
    CO: 16.56 BB (VPIP: 31.64, PFR: 25.16, 3Bet Preflop: 26.67, Hands: 184)
    BTN: 3.58 BB (VPIP: 39.22, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 52)
    Hero (SB): 15.46 BB

4 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.9 BB) Hero has Q:spade: A:heart:

CO raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero ???

Any thoughts how to play this hand correctly, really at a loss. CO is a good active reg. I don't like folding, I don't like calling, I don't like shoving. I would tend to shove maybe because he could minraise-fold a ton there, but it is also the most risky option when we are nearly in the money. Calling is weird but probably better than folding, problem is OOP, he can just barrel us out and part of the pot will be locked anyway because of BB.

Thanks for any thoughts and comments!

Tags:
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Calling is best imo. That way BB is also more likely to call (which is good) and when side pot is almost empty CO should not have much of incentive to bluff.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. danitah

danitah Well-Known Member

Call: It's very easy hand to play postflop, we team-up with CO to get BB out, and it really doesn't make sense for CO to bluff postflop if BB calls too so we should be able to realize a lot of equity. However if he does decide to bluff it's not even that bad as we don't lose that much equity, and if he bluffs a lot we can flop top pair and induce him to double us up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. NXPNinja

NXPNinja Active Member

If you flop top pair on lets say KQ3 board, would you guys call down triple barrel from CO with risking your whole stack against CO?

5. danitah

danitah Well-Known Member

If we have AQ on that board you mean? If so no, imo we call once, and fold turn unimproved. It just doesn't make sense for CO to be bluffing here. CO also has a lot of incentive to get BB out. Even if we have a read on CO that he bluffs a lot in this kind of spot I think we still can't call down. Only maybe if we have very specific sizing tells or something.

I guess the worst Kx I would have there is like K9s or K8s, in which case it's going to be hard to find a fold, but it would be very nasty spot to face 3 barrels.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Even AK on KQ3 would be questionable to call down if BB has called. Especially if flop is rainbow as then CO semibluffing range for three barrel should probably be mainly about JT or perhaps some AJ, AT. If CO wants to bluff with those. But even if you have AK you have to ask if villain is triple barreling for value with weaker. Probably not if he is good reg. In his shoes I would tend to go for two street value with AA

Basically I would be kind of more happy to call down if BB folds because then CO has much more reason to put pressure on us.

• Thanks Thanks x 2