1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Kyyberi PLO Friday September 22nd at 20 CET -

888Poker exchange rates/currency conversion?

Discussion in '888Poker' started by Neo1186, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Neo1186

Neo1186 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I want to play on 888 but despite some research of my own I am still unsure how to get money into 888 and withdraw money from 888 without getting screwed with exchange rates and conversion fees in one way or the other.

I was thinking to use my Skrill account (in €) to desposit and withdraw from 888, but money on 888 is in $ and it seems that withdrawing in $ will screw me on Skrill because of their conversion fees, and withdrawing in € will screw me because of 888 conversion fees.

Same with deposits, since I can only deposit in $ there will also be a conversion and by comparing what 888 thinks a $50 deposit costs in Euros (44.55$) and what what xe.com tells me the current conversion rate is ($50 = 42,4711€) I will lose money that way aswell.

So overall it seems there are huge fees both ways, I can't have 2 currencies on Skrill and overall at a loss what the best/cheapest way is if I want to play Poker on 888. And since I live in europe I will have to convert $ into € at some point.

Has anyone here maybe experience with 888 and the whole deposit/withdraw currency conversion thing? On Stars I always tried to use their conversion to Euros before cashing out (which was pretty close to xe.com if I remember correctly) and it was also possible to deposit in Euros. And sites like RedKings/MPN run entirely in Euros.

Any comments much appreciated, thanks.

Tags: