1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Kyyberi PLO Wednesday 17.1. at 20 CET -

Blinding down

Discussion in 'Blogs and projects' started by Dutch, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Helle PokerImania members and guests,

Its been a while since my last post on this forum. A lot of things happend this year, good and bad, but in the end things do work out for the best.
    Early september i started with my new job as an advisor for an international bank. It feels very good to be out more, meet new people and grow personally in other things then poker :)
    Poker is still my passion and i do stell play quite a bit. Due to the fact that i dont need the money for rent anymore its time to build a decent bankroll.

I doubted for a long time to start another blog, but as you see i decided to do so. Figured it is nice to have some good poker talks so now and then, learn some new things or help orher peaple to get better.

In this blog i will obviously talk about my poker sessions and results, but i will make it a bit more personal by giving some insights about how the life is for someone who is getting blind.
    I have Choroideremia, which is an eyedesease that simply said kills the retina.
    It starts with nightblindness at an early age and later on it causes a tunnelvision that slowly gets smaller.
    Later on i will tell more about this.

Back to poker then!
    I will be starting with a 2k roll and playing mainly 5 and 11 PSKO sits and 7dollar 18 mans.
    Ofcourse a few bigger MTT's on the side if i have the time.
    My goal is to get enough money to buy a house (yes i still aim high :) ) I dont and canr put a timeline on this, it really depends on my ability to see the pokertables.

Cheers!

Tags:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Champion Champion x 2
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

It's scary thought to lose sight at one point. Have also health condition that causes changes in the eyes but so far things have gone without bigger problems.

Anyway good luck on the tables :)

3. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Welcome back mate,GL to your goals!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

GL! Will follow obviously.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Hey Ghaleon, yes it is. Luckily its going quite slowly so i can get used to it step by step.
    If i may ask, are your eyes decreasing as well? and does it cause any problems, for instance during poker sessions?

6. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Hello all,

Here are the first results of this blog. It has been a busy week, and was tired most evenings after work. Did play a few sit&gos and tourneys but just no time to plan huge sessions. Therefor it seems a bit stupid to post graphs of em, did make a screenshot of sharkscope though, the 18s went quite decent, would be nice to maintain this roi.
    first week.png

saturday i was lucky enough to win the $11 turbo, that was a nice boost for the roll
    Win 11 turbo.png

Tourneys played: 347
    Bankroll: $ 2762.88
    Net profit $762.88
    On wednesday i will make a more interesting post, for now its netflix and off to bed :)

• Champion Champion x 1
  7. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

Nice Score mate!! Keep up the good work!

8. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Well I have needed stronger glasses over last 20 years or so. I have type 1 diabetes which basically means that my pancreas is not producing insulin. So I need to apply insulin to my body myself. This causes more fluctuation in blood sugar levels than healthy person would have. High blood sugar levels increase possibility for multiple different diseases. One of those is called diabetic retinopathy that affects eyes. Without doing anything to it it can cause serious sight loss. But luckily for me these is yearly images taken from my eyes and if needed doctors can make laser treatments. I got diabetes diagnosed around 7 years ago and so far changes in the eyes have been pretty stable and there has been no reason for any laser cutting stuff.

Sometimes having too low blood sugar or fast change in it can cause me blurry vision. So e.g. reading normal size text can become really challenging. But it rarely causes that much problems. Well low blood sugar is dangerous condition especially if there is no food with carbs available.

9. foxcatcher

foxcatcher Active Member

I checked out your results and swear I cannot believe how youre running in those mttsng turbos. I'm playing just 50c games for a while now and only played 1.2k games in total but cant get the fuck up with my chart.. I think my push or fold game is quite on point, my final table game gets better

I wish I could say its variance but youre also just played like 1k games of 18s or 90s and are up in all games on higher stakes -.-, can you tell me whats most important thing to master in mttsng turbos?

:)

10. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Thanks for the explanation, hopefully your sight will remain stable and if not, treatment will help. Its nice if those things in your head work propperly, makes life a lot easier