1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Forum Feedback and Comments

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by Dayah, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Dayah

Dayah Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pokerimania has now been completely updated!

If you find something odd or something that needs to be improved, please let us know so we can fix it. The more info you give (device and browser you used, where and how you noticed the issue), the easier it is to reproduce the case and solve it.

Naturally all other kind of comments, wishes and suggestions regarding forum and its activities are much appreciated!

The current list of most important features in the future is:

-Coaching calendar, getting the streams visible again.
    -Notifications when streams are online.
    -Better search
    -Highlighting chat messages that are @-mentioned to you
    -Tags aren't working as intended yet, we're waiting for a repair kit from the software provider that would fix it.
    -Beautifying the emails. They are a lot prettier now than they used to be, but there's a lot of improvement to be done.
    -Best messages in chat is the same in English and Finnish forums.
    -Profile posts are including a lot of Finnish to the English side.
    -Newest videos should be visible better in the forum.
    -Our partners should be better visible in the forum and receive their own pages and not just a forum area.
    -Notification bubbles, clicking it should do something useful. Right now it does nothing.

#1 Dayah, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
    Tags:
    • Champion Champion x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Outland94

Outland94 New Member

I like how it looks a lot more modern, it would be nice to see more colour.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. RocketJagr

RocketJagr New Member

new and fresh i like it

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. danitah

danitah Well-Known Member

Yeah I also have to say that it all looks really nice! I wonder though if it's supposed to show Finnish status updates on English side?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

It's really hard to filter out Finnish out of the profile posts. Basically the profile posts aren't forum posts, they are posts related to the user. For the future we might do a filter that would show the status updates only for users in the "English Users"-group (now every registering user get's either a Finnish user or English user-group depending on where he registers). We want to get the profile posts front and center though, as it is a new feature and we want to see what kind of use it gets.

The same problem is with signatures, on our previous system we did a lot of extra work to make additional fields for English side. It's likely that we will improve upon that in the future, but we needed to draw the line somewhere on what we can do for the first version. There is really a crapton of stuff that we have already done to make the experience as good for the two language forum as possible.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. lavinia95

lavinia95 Active Member

I like so much this new!Compliment to design!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

When there are about half dozen guys on the first day wanting to have a dark theme, we have worked to add a dark theme as well. At least @ejectme from the English side asked for this. So you can now select PokeriManiaDark in your user settings or if you are not logged in, at the bottom of the page there's a style chooser.

As our smilies are designed for white background and some editor buttons as well, we're adding a small lighter box around smilies to try to make them work better without a lot of additional work.

#7 Aarnimetsa, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    • Champion Champion x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

There are now options to login with Google, Facebook and Twitter accounts. We'll see if we're adding Twitch in the future as well.

There are some chat updates as well, you can now click the time next to the message and get instant @-mention generated to get a conversation rolling with other guys in the chat. You can also get an @-mention by starting with @ and writing 3 first letters and autocomplete will take care of the rest. Either click on the member you want, or select it all on keyboard with up-down arrows and enter.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I edited a small and easy to read list of jobs yet to be done. So when you're reporting bugs or requesting features, you can know now what we're working on already. Even if it's not new, comments will help in getting the priority order up.

10. Outland94

Outland94 New Member

It is very nice, thanks for the hard work

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Just a small new feature - now it's even easier to see our staff members. Coaches are marked in blue, Moderators are marked in green and admin is marked as pink.

12. foxcatcher

foxcatcher Active Member

Hi guys,

I just noticed I can't edit my first and older blog posts anymore. I really REALLY liked that about the old forum because it means you are able to post charts and later delete them if you want to. And for my blog I'm using an index in my first post which I can't update anymore.

Would be cool if this would be possible again. I don't think many people edit very old posts anyway, so its not like the beauty of the board is in danger :)

Cheers!

13. JarlGaustad

JarlGaustad New Member

Thanks for your hardwork guys...