1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Guide: How to post hands

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by Aarnimetsa, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

Post just one hand per post. We have noticed that you will get more and better discussion for your hands, if you post just one hand per post. There are more writers that can respond to a single hand than if the job seems to be a large one for multiple hands and some people do not answer to multi-hand posts if they do not have anything to say for one hand in those, even though they might have great comments for the others.

Inform others in the thread topic what kind of hand it is. Then Omaha / SNG / MTT / NLHE Cash game players can know if the topic is for them.

Good: AQ 3-bet push in the BB (90 man MTT Final table)
    Bad: How should I play this?

Good example shows people what kind of game it is, what is the question about the hand. The bad example tells nothing about the hand itself.

Give as much background information as possible. This is both for you to practice your skills in distilling what is important in the table and to get a great answer, the people analyzing the hands would need to know as much as possible. Stats / reads on opponents are important.

When you want to learn most about how to play against an opponent's whole range, do not post the whole hand. Post the hand up to a decision point. This way you don't influence the analyzing person's idea of the hand with what opponent actually held that time. If opponent's play was really weird, you can return to the hand later on with the opponent's hand and ask questions about it, when you have got a good analysis out of it. One possibility is to use the SPOILER-tags for posting the hands, then an analyzer does not need to go through what really happened when he answers but he can read them later on.

Technical help to post hands:

HEM1: Choose 2+2 as the format for hand history you are copying.

HEM2: Choose PHPBB as the format for hand history you are copying.

Go to anywhere you can see a list of hands (Active session, sessions, tournaments, etc). Choose a row so that it activates. Right click -> View. On the bottom right there's a dropdown menu, where you can select PHPBB and press copy. Then paste the hand to forum and it should work well. If you export the hand out of HEM2 Replayer, you'll need to use external hand converters.

PT3 or PT4 - Use VBulletin format to copy your hand history (blue V, the middle button in "Copy to Clipboard"-options)

If you want to use an external handconverter, weaktight.com :s converter works with either a format of QPro or Forum.

If you have any question about posting hands, please ask your questions in this thread and we will be improving this post in the future!

#1 Aarnimetsa, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
    Tags:
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  2. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

HEM2, where to look for to get hands prettily to our forums:

[​IMG]

PT4, how to copy hands prettily to our forums:

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. BKS11

BKS11 New Member

Hi there,

We will get some coaching when I am ready here A bit hectic right now. I am using weak tight for uploading a hh but what I need to do. I need to put the code from there here but when I click code here nothing visualizes.

thanks for your help in advance

Stu

Attached Files:

4. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I'd say that if you have HEM, you don't need to use weaktight in the middle. Just select 2+2 as the format in the hand history window (there's a 2+2 button on top) and it works fine here on forums.

I don't know that much how to work with weaktight, I have heard that after an update the systems are not working like expected and hand histories in there seem to be quite wonky lately.

5. Christian

Christian Active Member

Does anybody know how I can post hands from HM2 here, without showing the player names? Instead of names I wanna have the btn, sb, bb, utg and so on! Thanks!

6. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

When you have hands listed press right mouse button on hand and choose view. From there on the bottom you have option to select format. I think default is one working here and then just click copy button which is right beside format selection. Then just paste on forum and should be good.

• Thanks Thanks x 1