1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hand 22

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by seanster, Mar 21, 2019.

1. seanster

seanster Member

Hi Guys

I just wanted peoples opinions on this situation:

Reads: Large field, lots of weaker players, including MP2, limping a wide range. SB VPIP over 75%.

Blinds/Antes: 30/60

Hero - 10:spade:7:spade:

3 Fold, MP2 (9610) Limp 60, Hero HIJ (8170) Raise to 240, 2 Fold, SB (11450) Call 210, 2 Fold.

Flop (600): J:heart:9:diamond:2:diamond:

Villain Bet 240, Hero Raise to 720, Villain Call 480.

Turn (2040): J:heart:9:diamond:2:diamond:6:spade:

Villain Check, Hero Bet 1088, Villain Call 1088.

River (4216): J:heart:9:diamond:2:diamond:6:spade:A:diamond:

Villain Check, Hero ???

Any comments much appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Fold preflop and fold flop pretty much. You are in mid position versus one limp which make this hand way too weak to play. Also you have SB call machine behind who wont be folding much and three other players. So getting pot HU versus limper is unlikely. This means that pretty often we are going to be in multiway pot with weak holding. Sure villains are weak and we could have clear postflop edge but when we cannot expect much of fold equity we definitely want to have solid range from start in this spot. Meaning hands that dominate easily hands villains are wrongly playing. Now our T7 is easily being dominated even versus wide range.

So main problem is that this sort of extremely high vpip guy is unlikely to make much of folding preflop or postflop. Which means we need to make made hand more often and multibarrel bluffs are going to be less effective. Approach should be in general wider value betting and less bluffing.

In flop SB donk bet in quite drawy flop. This is spot where in general I would not assume that much fold equity and versus this sort of player it decrease even more. So our range should be very value heavy.

In turn 6 wont change board and this villain is likely overplaying both made hands and draws so again fe is low. River is nice scare card but I would not be surprised if villain wont fold J5 etc. Also if we want to bet turn I would go for bigger bet like 1.5k to ready for river shove.

So play ABC value poker versus this sort of guy and dont spew with big bluffs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1