1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hand 6 - MTT

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by seanster, Dec 13, 2018.

1. seanster

seanster Member

Hi Guys

I just wanted peoples opinions on this situation:

Reads: Villain has low fold-to-continuation bet stat, over a significant sample size.

Blinds/Antes: 60/120/15

Hero - 3:heart:A:heart:

2 Fold, Hero (9626) Raise to 288, 1 Fold, CO (10755) Call 288, 3 Fold.

Flop (876): 2:diamond:A:club:J:diamond:

Hero Bet 306, Villain Call 306.

Turn (1488): 2:diamond:A:club:J:diamond:5:heart:

Hero Check, Vilain Bet 786, Hero Call 786.

River (3060): 2:diamond:A:club:J:diamond:5:heart:5:spade:

Hero Check, Villain Bet 1644, Hero ???

Any comments much appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

I would tend to keep these weaker Ax hands in check-call range from flop. But I suppose with that read cbet is fine. Not great spot to be in river but basically you want to ask what sort of range you have in river? E,g, do you have AJ+? In general you want to keep some weaker Ax hand in calling range and ones that are not blocking his possible bluff combos are best.

We can usually discount AK and possibly some portion of AQ from villain range when he calls pre. Likely JJ also. So in river we lose mainly to 22 (might raise flop), AJ, A5s (might 3bet or fold pre) and sometimes to AQ. Our hand wont block flush draws or some KT, KQ, QT this sort of villain could easily float from position. Plus we block some of his value range with Ax and he might also try to value bet split hand. So yeah I would call it down and its better than some AxTd as explained above.

• Thanks Thanks x 1