1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Ghaleon SNG Tuesday 11.12 at 20 CET -

Moving the focus

Discussion in 'Blogs and projects' started by Ghaleon, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

So played some sng today which went pretty bad but this time mtt I played on side went to the end. Made something like 600-700€ from it. Not sure exactly as it was PSKO. But anyway on end part of it there was quite a few interesting hands I could write little bit. Hand histories in awkward way because of no tracking site...

I were chip leader for decent amount of time from mid part to final 3 tables. Then went bit down but this double up moved me into second:

KK.png

This was perfect timing and just setup overall. Villain had AQo. But I had made 3bet with A5s on previous orbit in same BUvsCO spot. So getting KK was pretty great as villain might think like: "Really?!". But yeah as said villain had real hand as well.

This was at FT. I had played decently tight with pretty cold deck and player on my left being calling machine. So minraised preflop and BU and BB calls. BB had been active and seemed like competent player.

Flop and turn are pretty standard. In river I dont really think I beat any of villain value range but I do have some nice blockers versus stron two pairs and nut flush. BB has wide range of hands and probably he wont fold sets (88, 55) or better but I thought he can easily value bet at least KQ+ and he has lot of two pairs. All of those are in nasty spot versus shove. It is PSKO but overall my 30€ bounty probably wont matter that much for good player when facing big shove imo.

AJohh.png

AJo.png

2. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

This was versus same opponent. What are your thoughts of sizings I used here? So standard open preflop. Small cbet on dry flop to protect and value. Turn gives me practical nuts as villain never has KK or 75. So I went for around 80% bet and similar on the river. I did think also shoving river but thought that it might be bit too much. But perhaps bit over pot would have been fine as well. Its just that to be honest I dont have that many semibluffs overall on turn. Mainly some diamond combos.

Sort of funny thing on my river size is that 88800... I honestly didnt notice it when making the bet. Used mouse wheel to roll into ok feeling size. Then noticed later and though that maybe I did it unconsciously :)

88hh.png

88.png

3. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

So then to HU versus same opponent. HU actually started really deep. I think we had close to 100bb both at some point. I had been 3betting quite a lot.

So KJs pretty decent hand to 3bet some portion of time. Flop is pretty ugly. I do have some nutty hands like 88, 99, 89s, 67s some portion of time but overall this is lot better flop for BU. But I thought I have pretty good amount of nice turn cards as well so cbet is still fine. Also check-calling is bit awkward as if villain bets I wouldnt imagine him to do it that small necessarily.

Turn gives me huge amount of equity with double gutshot and flush draw. So I went for bet-call line. River is decent as I hit top pair and will beat all of villain bluff catch combos. So decided to value shove but no call.

KJshh.png

KJs.png

4. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

This was lucky hand for me. So standard preflop play. Flop gives mid pair and strong draw but I dont see too much point in betting in 3bet pot. Also nice deception to have hand like this if flush completes and its hard to get multiple street of value with weak Kx if not improving.

So turn is really nice as it give me nuts. Villain bets and I just call. If he is bluffing I want to allow him to do it and if he has Qx I can get value from it in river as well. Plus this way my call range is not capped and I think its bit tough to really have that much bluffs here. I dont really want to bloat the pot with some 9dXx.

In river villain makes more sizable bet and easy shove obviously. Villain having Qd makes it mandatory call for him.But basically his hand is still just bluff catcher. I either have air or flush here.

K8shh.png

This was last hand. Sort of ugly runout as villain might have some 4x in his value range. But yeah have to call.

33hh.png

33.png

5. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Heh pretty absurd hand moment ago: :D

wow.png

6. goodformbrah

goodformbrah Active Member

Hi Ghaleon, hope the SNG grind is going well. I am still grinding away. Seems SNG's are dieing a little bit on some sites? I saw on your stream that you were playing on Unibet. I am playing a little bit there also. Seems a site with a lot of weak players and seems on of the best sites to play atm. Would you agree? You playing on many other sites, wish i could play on natural 8 but cant from England, have you tried GG network?

7. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Sorry I were on holiday trip for week. I think unibet has pretty bad players and also low rake with good blind structure. So main problem tends to be just low volume. Have not tried those sites you mentioned.