1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Ghaleon SNG Tuesday 17.3. at 20 CET -

MTT 25€ PSKO KK BvB interesting river spot

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by Ghaleon, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

This is at mid part of mtt so still pure cEV.

I didnt have any specific reads. Open raised 3bb preflop (antes in play), cbet flop around 30%. Check-called turn versus half pot bet. In river I was thinking of check-shoving if villain bets again half pot or so. Because I would not assume enough showdown value to call but have heavy nut blockers. Plus unlikely villain has set as 77 might be only one.

But villain actually shoves for bit over two times pot and it made my hand interesting one imo. Flush completing is backdoor but I started to think villain range like is he value betting e.g. AT like this? Usually I would think his range to be more polarized into straight/flush or air. Though in the hand I did sort of forget that this is PSKO. So maybe its more common for people to go for shove here with two pairs and try to get bounty?

But my logic to make this as call candidate is that if villain value range is indeed only very strong hands then this combo does block those quite a bit. Of course if he also shoves Ax two pairs then value of blocker drops heavily.

5014b9d6797ef7efebe2ea23ddfc34ca.png

Tags:
  2. DonJohnson

DonJohnson Active Member

This seems like villain is getting greedy and just wants your bounty as soon as possible with some nutty hand. As for the possible river check-raise, I am just very doubtful that these players would fold any reasonable amount of hands. So I would probably just c-call turn and c-fold river.

• Thanks Thanks x 1