1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

New table opening software at a amazing price

Discussion in 'SessionLord' started by impactpoint, Feb 27, 2015.

1. impactpoint

impactpoint Active Member

Tags:
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Annoying flash(?) use in that web site. Have to check later with PC browser.

I think relevant question for me would be how this sw compare to sharkystrator.

3. ufobulldog

ufobulldog New Member

amazing price... i am gonna buy this software.

4. ICYapaz

ICYapaz New Member

Is this program manage auto closing lobby's and ended tournaments?

5. impactpoint

I downloaded the free trial yesterday and and I have used sharkystartor, if you purchase the pro licensce it looks like it has the same functions with what I can see. And at a much cheaper price than sharky for the same buy-in levels it deffo seems worth a go, $7.00 for the pro version for 6 months.

6. impactpoint

I have my pokerstars client set to do that.

7. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

PokerStars' own software works for that really well. It's in the settings to not even open lobbies and automatically close completed tournaments.

8. ICYapaz

ICYapaz New Member

Yeah... I'v tried to use trial of this SessionLord program, but not worked well...
    I din;t find out how to register with it, it just scanned tables that I wanted to reg in, but not reging in :/
    And of course I followed the tutorials :/

9. impactpoint

obviously doing something wrong it worked fine for me

10. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Tested today this and seems really good so far. Very quick scanning and registering.

11. impactpoint

Yeah its a nice piece of kit, they pride themselves on the fact its the quickest software tool to register into games, 4.8secs for 8 games I think.

12. impactpoint

I,ll give my honest review of it at the end of this month, I shall be doing 5k games challenge from the 10th of this month till end of month at the smallest 9man turbos, so im hoping it stands the test.

13. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Ah now I noticed actual pricing information. Just sngopener side is prectically free, but pro version (which allow table selection) has its own pricing. Didnt notice all pricing info when first quickly checked as they were "hidden" under "other limits" link.

So pricing wise SessionLord and Sharkystrator compare like this. Price is on monthly basis:

So in high stakes Sharky gets much more expensive. Not necessarily meaning anything if one need it to function in 300$+ games. Bit cheaper in smaller ones if one wants table selection.

Overall more important factor is how these softwares compare to each other from functionality. Going to use sessionlord quite much for next weeks and see how I like it.

PS: Noticed that above pricing for Sessionlord only account 6 month subscription. Shorter ones (1 or 3 month) will be bit more expensive monthly wise.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Though I just remembered that sessionlord had that 1 hour daily limit in its free version... So probably not going to try it that much :)

PS: Or I might invest first for one month subscription.

15. impactpoint

Ah seems like I also misread the pricing, I thought it was $6.99 for the 6 months, my mistake, I guess the version for $0.99 per month without table selection is a viable option for the games I play at the micros and maybe 50/50 games for mass tabling, but yes I can see that you probably are better of using sharky, sorry for the misleading prices on my part.

16. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

No problem and I am not surprised that someone else missed that information as well. Personally I dont really understand idea in such design... Meaning how they have used fonts and placed such vital information.

Anyway interesting software and will buy one month to really try it.

17. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

I'd think it quite clearly shows that SessionLord as a new software is placed as a competitor to Sharkystrator and tries to be at the about same limits with regards to pricing. I'd think the no game selection version is interesting, as it is a direct competitor to most players using Tableninja or something simple to register for MTT SNGs and it should work really well for the micros as well, where you don't need to be game selecting that much. I have tried it quickly and for the first two or three tries it didn't work, but after it started working it seems to be a quite good software at what it does. Especially for players that require a lot of rules and a lot of visible SNGs in the lobby.

I'd think when Ghaleon says that the above pricing is only for 6 month period as a negative, when Sharkystrator only offers 6 month periods. I'd think that the price difference for 300$ and up is that basically all the games that start at higher buyins will be headsup SNGs and Sharkystrator has the advantage that almost all of the headsup SNG player pool uses it and the game queue-system which makes it possible for players to not sit each other that are trying to get a free lobby. I'd think that SessionLord looks to be designed for other SNGs than HUSNGs in mind.