1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Ghaleon SNG Tuesday 16.10. at 20 CET -

PLO100 ds kings vs 3bet

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by Warp, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Warp

Warp Active Member

So. There I sit on several PLO50 and one PLO100 table.
    No hand history, no stats, so trying to do it by hand.

I am UTG with 70BB, 5 handed.
    villain #1 on the button with 160, he is sitting across a lot of tables, playing wide range (from what I see), but not competely trash hands, always at least rundowns if he 3bets or calls a 3bet/4bet. And he does not 3bet me often, I play tight.
    UTG+1 is loose, almost maniac
    SB is loose as well
    villain #2 is BB with 100, it's his first hand

I get K:diamond:8:diamond:K:club:2:club:, raise
    UTG+1 folds, button 3bets to 7.50$, SB folds, BB calls and I call, pretty happy. If UTG+1 or SB had 3bet me I could have shoved here, but against button and 3way I am happy to see a flop.

K:heart:J:club:6:club:, 23$ pot
    oh yeah.
    money here I come.
    BB checks and I check as well.
    If button has AA he might have Ac and bet. He might bet a jack, a king. If he has a rundown he bets.
    And most of all I am not really scared of any card. Also he usually bets (on the PLO 50 tables ;))
    unfortunately he does not bet of course.
    turn: A:heart:, 23$ pot
    motherfucker.
    BB check
    I check
    button bets 2/3 pot, 17.25$
    BB calls (WTF)
    I fold.
    river J:diamond:, pot 57,50$
    BB check
    button bets pot, BB calls
    button shows A:diamond:5:diamond:A:spade:J:heart: (expected)
    BB shows A:club:5:club:6:diamond:J:spade: (the last J)

So I lost 7,5 blinds in that hand and I am not unhappy about the outcome.
    But on the other hand I really could have bet the flop. There isn't a reason why I shouldn't.
    It is difficult to find the balance to navigate because villains are either aggro or tight. A lot of times when I check another flop they fire away. I expected button to put pressure and on a blank turn push me out with a pot size bet, he hit the J, so two pair were unlikely.

On the other hand I like to see a turn to decide. I used to be so nervous about it to protect my hands, but now I just wait and look. Don't know if that makes sense to you. If a scare card hits the turn I call a potsize bet and it's all cool with a pot around $50 and $50 behind, because there are so many nice turns and rivers.

Tags:
  2. Kyyberi

Kyyberi Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach Moderator

You are 70bb short, 3way pot and preflop 3bettor is in position. He is not cbetting that board unless he has hit it. SPR is around 2, so no one is making moves. It's just who has hit the board and how good.

If BTN has AA with NFD, he is going to bet. If he doesn't, you are crushing him. I would go for check-raise, that way you get the BB to the pot as often as possible. As played the turn is a sick one, as he might also have QTxx. But he 3bet against UTG open, which doesn't really sound like non-AA hand if he is tight 3bettor.

3. Warp

Warp Active Member

On flop? Yeah, it seemed ok, but you are right, the SPR does not really induce a lot of bets, especially because we are 3way.

4. Warp

Warp Active Member

another KK hand:
    PLO50
    I am BB with 60blinds an get K:diamond:4:diamond:K:heart:3:spade:
    villain is UTG+1 with 55blinds, has been on the tables for at least 5 hours, but not too good, his stacksize also is all over the place (sometimes even 30blinds without reloading)

villain raises, everybody folds, action is on me:
    I don't want to raise. My kings are weak, I am OOP, SPR will be terrible.
    So I call.
    Flop: Q:diamond:9:diamond:4:heart:, pot $3.75

I check. villain pots it, I call.
    In hindsight that is not great. I could donk it to see where I stand. I could check-raise and just go with it.
    So this is my question. Did I misplay flop?

turn: A:heart:, pot 11$
    I check, he bets 2/3, I fold.

5. Kyyberi

Kyyberi Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach Moderator

Donking doesn't really achieve much. He just folds crap and continues with range that does often well against you and he is in position. With those stacks I would just check-raise and get it in.