1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Ghaleon SNG Tuesday 14.11. at 20 CET

Poker Blog by hayatekirino

Discussion in 'Blogs and projects' started by hayatekirino, Jul 14, 2017.

1. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Hello world, my name is Alexandros (34) and I am from Greece (Veroia). My poker story is not so sweet and definitely not so prosperous. I play poker since 2008 at bwin and from 2011 I start play on pokerstars. My name in sharkscope is hayatekirino and as you see I don’t have a successful career.
    Anyway this is not the point. The last two years I decided to see poker more serious and to do some work of the tables. So I started read books and see videos. Then I realize I had to study a specific type of tournament. I choose 180 and 45 on poker stars. Work with icmizer see videos. Then I realize that poker is a very lonely sport and that none of my friends had a clue what poker is about.
    So I try to search forums to post my hands and analyse them. I find pokerimania a little more friendly than others. At the moment I try to make a new beginning and I start play only 180man and 45man. I think I am the worst reg ever but I have patient and the willness to make it. So my plan is to see the videos of pokerimania that has to do with this type of tournament and in the near future to make some coaching. I think my main problem and leak is that I don’t know how to study poker. Poker in Greece is in very low popularity and that make it hard to find the right person to teach you.
    Here is the results of this month until now. Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-14, 2.40.50 μμ.png Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-14, 2.43.43 μμ.png Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-14, 2.46.36 μμ.png

#1 hayatekirino, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Tags:
  2. makinee

makinee Active Member

Welcome To the forums. I highly recommended To take coaching. It is quite cheap as you stop loosing money or start loosing less. It pays quickly back your money. Try once and see if it helps :)

3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Welcome to forum and blogging.

Graphs from few hundred games are basically totally irrelevant. Especially in formats with bit higher variance like 45man or 180man. Positional report stats could though give some valuable information. E.g. VPIP, PFR, 3bet, RFI(raise first in), BB fold to steal, ...

Usually I say that "base pillar" for any sng or mtt play is short stack game. So shoving, calling and less than 20bb stack depth play is kind of most important. Because usually when in phase where most meaningful decisions are made ($ wise) stacks tend to be short. So keeping early part deeper stack game simpler with bit tighter ranges is often good start if not having that much postflop experience. Of course earlier history with some cash games and so on might make it otherway around. That deep stack feels easier than short stack spots.

But posting hands is definitely good way to improve in lot of spots. Especially if investing time in doing them. E.g. what is your thought process in hand. Just posting hand without giving any questions or information is not really that good way.

But good luck on the tables.

4. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Thank you for your time, i will listen soon your advice.GL :D

5. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Thank you for your reply.I know that the results require a few thousands. I just post my new start this month. Here some break-even graphs to understand why i need coaching.:mrgreen: Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-14, 7.29.51 μμ.png
    this is only the 2.5 -180man similar is the 45man
    In my opinion i am not bad player when tournaments are deep stack but i had made a lot of work and to icmzer for shoving stage Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-14, 7.37.19 μμ.png
    So i think i need help to find where the problem is because definitely there are leaks:D:twisted::twisted:
    Lately i am in doubt even for starting hands:oops:
    Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-14, 8.09.07 μμ.png

Attached Files:

6. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Well I would say that those stats look pretty ok. How are BB/100 and EV BB/100? But of course stats doesnt tell about ranges or postflop stuff that easily. Or how well you are playing in short stack or final table ICM spots.

7. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-15, 3.15.14 μμ.png

When i have time i will see your videos to find answers about short stack play. At the moment i try to find the more +EV spots against regs and against non regular who may are more unaware about icm.So i am more aggro against reg i think.I have nice database i think to know some regs enough.Usually regs are 2/3 of people who plays.And the field is very heavy or maybe i think so.Thanks again for your answers.p.s. its my first time i speak with someone for poker so exscuse me if i don't give you the right informations.

8. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Ghaleon i think i play too passive from BB and Sb so i add RFI from btn on my hud and try to defend more.What do you think;

9. Ghaleon

Poker Coach

Well you definitely want to have RFI or steal at least from SB, BU and CO. To see how much villains are open raising.

I am actually not sure if RFI takes also spots where player is raising over limpers? If yes then I think steal stats are better for those late positions.

How much is your BB fold to steal? -44 BB/100 is quite a lot for BB so there definitely is space for improvement.

10. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Fold to steal bb =60.81 and fold to steal sb=82.16 BB/100 from bb =-44 and from sb=-9 and i have also tremendous difference from MP and CO, Mp=+9 and CO=+39

11. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

This month until now.
    1.5usd 45man
    Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-31, 2.47.07 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-31, 2.53.16 μμ.png
    3.5 usd 45man
    Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-31, 3.01.11 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-31, 3.01.28 μμ.png

2.5usd 180 man
    Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-31, 3.16.25 μμ.png

Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-31, 3.16.35 μμ.png