1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Pot Odds Tutoring

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by foxcatcher, Jun 2, 2017.

1. foxcatcher

foxcatcher Active Member

Hellooo guys and girls,

I havent dealt with the topic of pot odds in years, because I basically thought I would "know" wether or not I can call.. Which is obv a little stupid, so I have an example here.

I bet flop, check turn, he bets turn, were having a not so clean gut shot. Odds are saying 7.1:1 (12%). With having 4 outs (four Tens for a Straight) I'm giving us about 8-10% to win this hand.. maybe an Ace or King is helpful too.

Lets assume we are having 10%(!), does that mean we have to fold according to our Pot Odds? Like.. does StarsHelpers 7.1:1 (12%) mean, that we need AT LEAST 12% chance of winning, to make a proper call?

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot :) I lately thought I should pay more attention to my pot odds instead of my "i know youre a fish and this shit doesnt matter" sort of playing.

Bests! fox

Tags:
  2. aioli

aioli New Member

You also have to take implied odds into account

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. boza774

boza774 New Member

Yeah, if he was all-in for 3$ then you would need 12% for breakeven call. So four tens arent enough, you would need some of your pair outs to be good. You block flush draws, he might be on one card gutter, but thaen again you might be drawing dead or just to 4 outs, without good read its fold for me. But what do I know, I struggle with these spots too. Just my 2 cents, hope someone have clear answer here.

• Thanks Thanks x 1