1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Private coaching for tournament poker (SNG & MTT)

Discussion in 'Private Coaching' started by Aarnimetsa, May 18, 2014.

1. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

A big warm hello to PokeriMania's tournament crushers and those willing to become crushers. Since you're reading this thread you're only a step away from a better tomorrow. Be sure to get some sunshine in your tournament life and reserve your private coaching now.

I have been a tournament poker professional for the last couple of years. In total I have played over 100 000 tournaments, mainly SNGs. If someone has implemented a Sit 'n Go structure, I'm pretty sure I know how to play it profitably. I have won five figures playing thousands of MTTs. My SNG career has consisted of games worth just few cents and games worth over $200. For example I have built up a bankroll from $50 to $5000 in two months. I have also created multiple 5-figure bankrolls on different poker networks without ever putting in more than $1000 - I know how bankrolls are built at the levels most PokeriMania players play. Last year I did finish as one of the worlds best on SharkScope leader boards in one SNG structure.

25iceah.png

I have taught my fiancee Dayah to play tournament poker from scratch. She has been a winning player practically from day one. She's been profitable at SNG buyin levels up to $100 and has won multiple MTTs as well. Nowadays she plays professionally as well, this will be the third year she will be a PokerStars Supernova and she has won a live EPT Side Event. Another good reference for my coachings would be turning Kuutossilli's game around. Kuutossilli lost almost $5000 in games, we discussed in Skype and held 4-5 private coaching sessions. Kuutossilli has participated actively in the PokeriMania's group coachings and today he is one of the best players in $3.5 Fifty50s and he has a SharkScope leaderboard star to prove it.

a3jww42.png

(Ensimmäinen yksityisvalmennus = First Private Coaching - I'll update this image with English texts soon)

My strengths in the poker tables are mathematical thinking, tiltlessness and utilizing technology better. I believe I can help pretty much all the players with these points to get to the next level. I can also focus the student to concentrate on the most important things. Many players don't study poker in a efficient way or they get stuck with small details that have only a small importance for the end result. On low levels, reading the situation requires knowing how the players act generally on the buyin level and I can help you get better with that from 25 cent games to $100 games. Especially with small stacked play I consider myself as one of the top player because of my experience with different hyper and super turbo structures. I think I can teach mathematical concepts even for higher level players.

How I can turn your tournament life better?

Usually when I take a new student I want to get a view on his/her game and leaks. I'm usually asking for the hand histories of multiple tourneys so that I can see what kind of systematic leaks the student has. We will be focusing on the most important leaks and when they're fixed, going towards making the small things right. Even if you're playing an exploitable game, you might have a leak in your game in the situations your opponents make mistakes and you're not taking full advantage of those. First coaching session requires most work for me so I don't give discounts on the first sessions. The most effective way in private coaching in my opinion is to have a hand history review concentrating on the most expensive mistakes. For some players I can teach how to use the tools they have bought to improve their game. After the private coaching session has concluded I have usually sent a video for him/her to watch later on (video is for students use only).

Pricing

One hour - 60 euros
    Four hours - 199 euros

Depending on how much the player I'm coaching plays, I'll try to split the hours in a way that the student can play enough between the coaching sessions to see how the changes have effected his/her game. Usually I'll start the next coaching session by looking through the mistakes we talked about in the previous session and see if they're gone before we are moving to fix the next leak. In an hour you can find out the most problematic areas in your game and know the largest leaks you have. In four hours we can do larger changes to your game and you'll learn to use your tools in a more effective way.

Public private coaching special

2 hours - 50 euros

It's possible to get a 2 hour coaching for a special rate if it's done publicly on live stream and we can distribute a video through PokeriMania.com's YouTube Channel.

If you're interested in private coaching please send me a private message on the forum!

Tags:
  2. mrmaginis

mrmaginis New Member

i need to build my br back up then defo go for the public one think it will be awesome review and to have it to watch on youtube is awesome but i dont have a hud so can i still send my hand history in some way as i really would like to use this offer mate, keep up the good work all you guys and gals at pokerimania are an inspiration :tup: :clap: :tup: mucho love and respect from the uk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. ronant1

ronant1 New Member

Hello, How much would you charge to view some HH of mine, I would not be able to afford private coaching but was wondering if you can just review HH and see where I can improve. Its no problem if you don't do this, I just thought I would ask, thank you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I'm a bit unsure what you mean by a hand history review in general. I'd think that usually you'll get way more with an interactive coaching, because then I can hear your thought processes and know better where your leaks may lie. When I only see how you play, I can see some of the more glaring errors, but even then I don't know why they happen.

If you have a game you generally play, you can always request it for the topic of a new live play coaching (here: insiders-f202/feedback-and-suggestions-for-aarnimetsa-mtt-nights-t60.html ) and we'll see if we happen to play the format. I'd think that would be one free way for you to improve.

5. DinorahWiese

DinorahWiese New Member

Your scratch is really amazing. I am also started to learn SNG and MTT with some software like Ace Poker Drills, Leak Buster 4, etc. I am interested about your private coaching. Is your coaching will be helpful for newbies also?

6. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I think private coaching is very useful for newbies also, because you can learn solid fundamentals early on. I'd think that the players that have just been playing for a long time have a lot of habits that are harder to change than if you study the correct way from the start. However, if you're willing to learn, it's never too late to try to learn better habits.

I'd think that at least in one table SNGs, it might be harmful to play around with software that is not ICM-aware. With MTTs such tools can be acceptable, but even then there needs to be difference between short stacked and deep stacked material. I'd think Ace Poker Drills and Leak Buster are both software that is more focused in cash games. I believe that they aren't applicable to SNGs at all and in tournaments they're useful only to deep stacked play.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Sorry mrmaginis, I noticed I have missed a question.

You don't need to have a HUD to have a productive coaching. You'll generally just need to have hand histories and on most poker sites you can even get them later as email. Even without a HUD, you can save your hand histories to your own computer. We can even go through the hand histories with free software tools that will probably be more useful for you if you do not use PokerTracker or HoldemManager.

8. DinorahWiese

DinorahWiese New Member

Thank you for your nice instructions for me to learn poker by the correct way. I have searched on Google for the private coaching and it appears a lot of sites. In those sites, *SitenameRemoved* seems pretty good to me. It also offers some nice private coaching session on poker in a reasonable price. What do you else about that? At now I am not able to pay you for your private coaching. Would you please share with me some information or link to learn solid fundamentals of poker before joining to your coaching?

9. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I think it is quite weird, that you'll say that you can not afford my coaching, but suggest an alternative where private coaching for Sit 'n Go tournaments is not available and multi table tournament coaching is from $100 to $300 a hour. Which is even more expensive than what I'm offering. All the cash private coaching on the other site ranges from 50$ to 300$ a hour - even the 50$ isn't really 50$, it's 50-100$ depending on stakes. I'd say when I'm comparing the rates you can get private coaching from YOULOSTBRO for cash games, it's for less than what you need to pay cheapest coach on the competing site you said. I'd also think YOULOSTBRO is very likely better value. I'd be suspicious of the other site as well, as they have two coaches listed on their site with EXACTLY THE SAME tournament merits.

You might say that there are the lectures available for cheaper than my private coaching on the other site, but our lectures are completely free and on Youtube. There are for example some more mathematical videos on how to use the best tools available right now for SNGs & MTTs on two distinct videos.

UBrRP2w_jsg[/media]
    /url]

YVA_tDKfo5w[/media]
    /url]

(Both videos are the last parts of a MTT session)

I'd also say that there's solid strategy in all of our English videos that you could learn good habits from.

#9 Aarnimetsa, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. DinorahWiese

DinorahWiese New Member

Thanks a lot to you Aarnimetsa... :) Those videos on learning MTT are so much helpful for me. Do you have any videos on preventing leaks or any free software that can track my leaks? My another bad habit is unawareness of my mistakes that I made when I am playing. How can I solve this problem?

#10 DinorahWiese, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  11. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

12. reepo

reepo Active Member

Im intrested in prices for your public coaching....looking to improve on 9max games

13. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Prices are still the same, 50 euros for a 2 hour's session as a public private coaching. Generally I am not interested in doing shorter sessions at a discount as it takes most time to prepare for the first session. If you're interested in getting multiple public private coaching sessions at once, send me a private message with more info and we can talk a bit.

14. SubHazardx

SubHazardx New Member

I would be interested in the 2hr public private coaching if that is still available.

Sent you a PM. :)

15. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I'm writing you a response, just takes a moment longer :)

16. Mispoes

Mispoes Active Member

I'm interested in Public private coaching special for 45man turbo.

17. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I sent you a PM.

18. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Hi aarnimetsa, thinking about taking some coachings in the short future, when there is a bit more structure in my days. I dont have a webcam nor a mic atm, do i need to buy those?

19. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Webcam is not required, but I'd like a microphone. I have tried to do a text based coaching before where someone without a mic replied on text, but it's just going to be way more useful for you if you're having a microphone because talking in general is a lot faster than typing. It doesn't need to be a fancy microphone or anything. There are also few players that we have had sessions in a way that they're using the microphone of their Ipad or smartphone for the voice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Tnx for the reply, will buy one :tup:

21. javir

javir New Member

Hello Aarnimetsa!!

I PM'ed you. I am interested on private ccoaching and would like to get in touch with you. Let e know when you are available so we can talk about my goals and you let me know if you can help :)

Thank you.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  22. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I answered to javir today. During December I will be busy on the end of all weeks and when Christmastime comes closer, so please don't expect an answer on the same day as there might be days I'm not on the computer at all.

23. PrinceNai

PrinceNai New Member

Hi,

I'm interested in private SNG coaching, 6max turbos.

Regards

24. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

I sent a private message for you.

25. mavman39

mavman39 New Member

I'm interested in coaching ,Skype mavman45, I'm interested in long term coaching so looking for a good rate and crushing sngs.