1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Questions and feedback about SessionLord

Discussion in 'SessionLord' started by Dayah, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Dayah

Dayah Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you face any problems with SessionLord or you have any questions, please post them here.

It's good to have problems -> solutions listed somewhere, so others might find answers for their issues too.

Tags:
  2. danitah

danitah Well-Known Member

I wonder if I can prioritize different type of games in SnGOpener. For example when I play I like to start out by adding both $1.50 45-men (turbo) and $3.50 45-men (normal speed). Optimally for me I would like to add both type of games at the beginning of the session, when I start approaching my max number of tables I want to add only the $3.50 ones, and towards the end of the session I want to add the $1.50 turbo ones. It doesn't seem like they have this kind of option, but maybe I should post this in their forums. Imagine if when setting up the games you want to play you could define 'Min Start Time' and 'Max Start Time'. Using these kind of options I could set the software up like this for a 5 hour session:

$1.50 Turbo: 'Min Start Time' 0 'Max Start Time' 30
    $3.50 Regular: 'Min Start Time' 0 'Max Start Time' 180
    $1.50 Turbo: 'Min Start Time' 180 'Max Start Time' 240

Since the normal speed ones last about 2 hours and the turbos last for 1 hour this would make the two gametypes end approximately at the same time. I don't know if a lot of people want this kind of feature but I'm sure some would find it useful.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

The following example would be if you can play 8 tables.

I'd think you can get close to that functionality by having the 1.5$ game filters going to when you have under 6 tables going on and having the 3.5$ game filters going from when you have less than 8 tables going on. Then when you get your table amount going, you will get at least mostly 3.5$ games. Then when you're closing in on the end of your session, you could just set the maximum amount of tables to 0 for 3.5s and 8 for 1.5s. So it's a semi-manual thing and I'll agree with you that it would be good for players mixing different structures to have a way to plan the session better.

I have been thinking about this before and I'd think that the optimal way to do that would not be a start time planner for games, but rather have a possibility to input the length of the games in a certain filter and when you'll do a 120 minute session for example, that it would automatically time the games according to their lengths and the whole session time would be the most important thing. If you wouldn't input a length for games, then it would work just as it works now, and open games for certain amount of time and then end.

We will try to get in touch with them on the feature request though, I have had a really similar one coming my way after the Finnish session as well.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. danitah

Thank you for the suggestion on how to do it semi-manually, going to try that ;) I would probably prefer having the option to plan my games exactly how I want them, instead of defining how long games last. I think I would just feel more certain the games would open like I want them, but the functionality would probably be about the same. I would still use it if they made it like that though.

5. sur4ne

sur4ne Member

Hello,

I try to add a second type of game in my session. Everything look well configured but it's not working.

I want to add 45 man 0.50, pokerstars is open correctly (SNG - ALL)

But he keep open only 9 man table and I don't know why

thanks

Attached Files:

6. danitah

Make sure you have enough max tournaments in Session Options for SessionLord. SnGOpener -> Session Options -> Keep ___ tournaments open (need 18 for you).

If that doesn't work try some of the video tutorials: https://sessionlord.com/page_videos.php (make sure you have PS configured correctly).

7. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

This might be a bit of a reach, but could you try to have the 45-max games as 0,40 - 0,60 (or 0.40 - 0.60 )?

Could you also take a screen capture on the Session Rules-window?

8. sur4ne

sur4ne Member

Problem solved , Tab sngopener was not configured yet...

this soft is the nuts !

I read somewhere that Ghaleon has made a video about the soft but I don't find it on youtube.

But i believe that this video is for the pro version with sharkscope, i'm currently using the sngopener only

Thanks

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Dayah

Dayah Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ghaleon's training video for SessionLord is now up and running!

How to use SessionLord effectively? Supernova Elite Ghaleon's SNG registration training 7.4. 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdtp6F3Mm4

#9 Dayah, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Great to know!

The video covers all the aspects from SNGOpener to SNGOpener pro and SNGAutoColoring.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. danitah

I'm feeling very stupid right now. Why haven't I used SnGOpener Pro before today? Why have I not even taken advantage of the 1 hour daily Freemium? I've been too lazy, and thinking that it doesn't make much of a difference in the $1.5 levels. I tried the software for one hour today and all of the games have been awesome. I've managed to have 8-10 tables running and all games have had max 2 regs. I've had some horror-games earlier with up to 6 regs in a game. It takes a bit longer to get games running, but it's really worth it! I'm probably going to play 3K-4K games a month, so I only need to make like 0.3 cents extra per game for this software to be worth it. I'm expecting to make a lot more than that. Really a no-brainer!

I would appreciate any help in optimizing my settings. It seems to be pretty balanced so far, but I'm thinking that I'll have to change settings a bit depending on time of day.

(Note: I don't really use the nit/loose labels very often, also almost never the tight-passive fish label. SS is for SharkScope Leaderboard guys that I haven't played against yet.)

edit: changed it a bit. trying to see how good games I can get by having one extra weight per extra game. Also trying to grab some $3.50 if there are good ones.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. tennajkrajsi

tennajkrajsi New Member

#12 tennajkrajsi, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  13. danitah

Sng >= in Session Rules needs to be 0. That means it will only open when you have at least 0 games already running. So for 2 it would only open if you had 2 games already started.

I would probably set the game settings (Settings -> SnGOpener) to type = regular. I just want to be sure that SnGOpener doesn't open games that I don't want.

I also like to filter down the PS lobby as much as possible to only the games I want to play. I think it helps towards performance, but I'm not sure if it matters very much, especially if you have no performance problems.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  14. Saletein

Saletein Member

I downloaded the freemium and I like the software already :)

One question before I purchase this, If I buy the SNGopener pro, do I need to buy the table manager separately?

I can't find this info on their website, does anyone know?

Thank you in advance!

15. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Yeah, the multitabling and SNGOpener-part are separate products, even though they work under the same window.

So you will need a separate license for both if you want to use both tools.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Saletein

Saletein Member

@Aarnimetsa: thank you for the info!

One more question, why did sesssionlord suddenly start PL Omaha SNG? First SNG was a normal NL holdem and number 2 and 3 were PL Omaha, after that I got NL holdem SNG's. Is this a setting I missed or a bug?

17. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

You should filter on PokerStars to show only NL Holdem SNGs in the tournament list. It seems to me that there's no option in SessionLord itself to force only NL Holdem SNGs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Saletein

Saletein Member

I wanted to start some games on PS but the current version of EU(10456) isn't supported yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Sessionlord to release an update for the new version of PS?

19. Saletein

Saletein Member

This morning I saw that the new update was released, we can enjoy SL again :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

Generally SessionLord has been very quick to update the software for new versions. If you happen to have a PokerStars version that SessionLord does not support yet, you can always go back to previous PokerStars version by going to the PokerStars program folder and copying (replacing) the contents of backup folder in the top folder. Then start PokerStars from PokerStars.exe, not from PokerStarsUpdate.exe which is the default. By the way, you can always start PokerStars with PokerStars.exe and not get updated unless it's required.

I prefer it that way because then I can know for longer that my software stack just works with the PokerStars version that I have.

21. Saletein

Saletein Member

Now that's real usefull to know! I will start PS in the furure via the PS.exe file.

That's a real good Pokerimania tip! :tup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  22. Mariuoos

Mariuoos Member

Is there a way to use hotkeys istead of the mouse to bring the focus on whatever stack you want?

23. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

See my video here about my setup where I use hotkeys to focus on different tables: sessionlord-f212/table-management-hotkeys-t1547.html#p8804

Options are either under hotkeys or Table Manager. You shouldn't use "hotkeys target under mouse"-option if you want to move the focus with your hotkeys.

24. Mariuoos

Mariuoos Member

Hmm i couldn`t find it in your video for specifically what i`m looking for . If i setup table manager to manual filter and use hotkey then i can`t apply my other filters that i use to open different stack on the bubble or i`m missing something and there is another way? :?

25. Aarnimetsa

Staff Member Poker Coach

In hotkeys, you can't have "Target table under mouse", if you want to move the tables with hotkeys. You'll need to setup Hotkeys -> Table Manager hotkeys to switch through the tables, or use PokerStars' hotkeys for going through tables.

If you put a table somewhere manually on table manager, you can get it back to the normal spaces by pressing the same hotkey again.

If you have in your table layout profile editor "Reorder manual slots", then even the tables you have put aside yourself with a hotkey are moving when a change happens that would make the table to move because of bubble for example.