1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stats analysis and play for BB defend

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by hayatekirino, Jul 20, 2017.

1. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

I play a lot of 45man and 180man and i have a regular that i have over 20k hands in my database.So this guy is a winner and he has RFI from SB 98%.Yes 98%!!!!RFI from BTN 72%.So i want to discuss what is the proper range of defend against him.I think something around 50% is enough?The percent is about 495/500 hands.

Tags:
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Well if he opens practically any2 from SB then defending close to any2 would be best. Because you still have position. If he is that active his fold to 3bet will be really important.

So if he is folding lot to 3bets you can do good amount with non value hands. If he continues wide then you can 3bet for value wider.

Does he have tendency to cbet wide? If yes floating or raising his cbets will be good option.

But his really wide open raising can be good tactic if most of player pool are folding too much. When facing better opponents he will be screwed one way of another because of way too wide preflop range.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. hayatekirino

hayatekirino Member

Ghaleon his stats are Στιγμιότυπο 2017-07-21, 9.33.38 μμ.png

VPIP/PFR/3bet PR/fold to PR 3bet
    Cbetflop/Fold to bet flop/Blindslive/Cbet turn/Fold to Cbet turn
    bb vs sb open-fold/fold vs btn open/fold to steal/ hands
    RFI sb/RFI btn/RFI co
    Fold 3bet (sb)/Fold to 3bet (btn)/fold to 3bet(co)

i add the 3bet LP steal.Do you believe that cbet turn/fold to bet turn isn't so useful for sitngomtt?

#3 hayatekirino, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  4. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

They require so much hands to get good enough sample and even so it depends so much of situations and boards etc. how much player is cbetting turn. So imo those are more or less useless in tournament poker. You can place them into popup hud for rare use.

But yeah he seems to be folding to 3bets a lot which is understandable. So I would add quite a few 3bets when e.g. in BU and he opens CO, HI or when SB and he is opening from late position. From BB you can often just call lot of hands and have more polarized 3betting range. Flop cbet also being 81 means that he has lot of garbage often when cbetting. So you could try how he reacts to some raises on flop.

• Thanks Thanks x 1