1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Switching to spin and go ?

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by MolaSalo, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MolaSalo

MolaSalo New Member

Hi guys,

I was asking myself if it would better to switch from sng/mtt (18- 180) to spin and gos.

The reason i would like to switch is that the traffic is the best after 4pm till 9/ 10pm CET. And those are the times doesnt really fit into my daily schedule. Since i pref to grind from 10 am - 6 pm, and the traffic for 18mans turbos around that time is pretty bad i think. Also the rake at 18mans is a little bit too high isnt it? So i was thinking to switch from 18mans to spin and gos. If i take advantages and disadvantages of those 2 games then spin and gos will fit in my schedule for sure, but im not sure about the rake and variance of those 2 formats.

It would be great if someone can give me some good advice :D

Cheers!

Tags:
  2. makinee

makinee Active Member

What i have heard, the rake is difficult To beat buy possible. Variance on those is really big. I think that same as plo cash?

But overall it is Funny format.

3. Warp

Warp Active Member

Did you see this very nice article?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

I think stars also increased rake in most buyin levels at some point. Can't remember when that happened or if it's in that article.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. MolaSalo

MolaSalo New Member

I've read the article of Aarninetsa about the mathemetics of Spin and Go, but the calculation of the rake is outdated i think. And since im not that good in math etc, but theres something i noticed.
    The rake at 1$ spin and 3$ are 8%, 7$ is 7% and 15$ is 6%, so the rake is 1% higher compared to the article of Aarnimesta in 2014.

Since I did some research, my feeling says that playing sping and gos is mainly a waste of time since the rake is just too high. On the other side is the rake at 1.5$ 18 mans turbos are also pretty high, but my main goal is to grow my bankroll again so im rolled to play te 3.5 and 7s.

Im not sure about my adjustments, because my calculations are off. So if anyone can give me some advice, your welcome here :D

6. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

My personal opinion is that spin&go are mostly waste of time:

- High rake for hyper speed game
    - No ICM ---> Villains have harder time to make big mistakes money wise
    - Pricepool lottery adds lot of variance. Catching higher multiplier games and results in those has huge impact on result.

Things have or will go even worse with new VIP program with smaller rakeback. Not sure if they implemented it yet.

Have to remember that in format like 18man you do get lot more hands to play and thus possibility for edge.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1