1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Table management + hotkeys

Discussion in 'SessionLord' started by Mariuoos, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Mariuoos

Mariuoos Member

Hello , i was just interested what kind of setup do you guys use or find the most useful for sng? how many stacks do you play? do your tables move to different stacks? do you move the tables manually with the hotkeys ? what kind of keyboard/mouse hotkey setups do you use to avoid miss clicks and play comfortably? which ihud stats do you find are the most useful? Thank you

Tags:
  2. Dayah

Dayah Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

This video shows (from 5:48) how Aarnimetsa uses his stacks and for which purposes & how to do it. Actually the whole video covers pretty much all of your questions I think :P

Of course it depends how many tables you play, do you use mouse/keyboard or gamepad, what kind of experience you have about using HUD etc. Basically when you are making new settings, start slow and then add volume when everything is working as you like.

If you have more questions about specific situations just ask :tup:

#2 Dayah, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mariuoos

Mariuoos Member

Yeah i have seen Aarnimetsa video , do you use similar type of setup? i can`t get my gamepad working motionjoy won`t find my controller , gives me error . I have seen Ghaleons video an older one i think he was using keyboard/mouse i`d like to know his hotkey setup at least a few basic ones and i could build it from there . Would you use buttons close to each other or separate them to avoid miss clicks ? i don`t want to start with bad habits if you know what i mean . :)

4. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

What is your gamepad? MotionInJoy is just for PS3 controller to use it with PC. For example, my Xbox 360 controller uses it's own drivers to work wirelessly.

Now I mainly use 2 stacks and extra slots to put tables with hotkeys and getting them back to original slot with the same hotkey. Helps avoiding misclicks the less tables you have on hand, also if you play with mouse, the less stacks you have, the less your mouse needs to move.

I'd think probably top 3 nicest stats in Ihud are player history, pot odds and table stats (how many tables are running, how many are waiting for decision, how many are timebanking).

5. Mariuoos

Mariuoos Member

Oh i was just using some old controller i had it's seems that it's working for games but with session lord it won't work . Do i get a new controller ? PS3 XBox? :/

6. Aarnimetsa

Aarnimetsa Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Poker Coach

You use Xpadder to translate the joystick commands to keyboard keys. So I'd think you are missing Xpadder or some other tool that can translate the joystick commands to keyboard keys.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Mariuoos

Mariuoos Member

I bought Xpadder but it wasn`t working for me i finally got it working with joytokey . Thanks