1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Kyyberi PLO Friday 20.7. at 16 CET -

Uncomfy AF

Discussion in 'Blogs and projects' started by xxIxx, Jan 1, 2018.

1. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

Hi Guys

New year New things ahead.

Due to several reasons including health problems I am moving out of MTTs to Cashgames.

The title comes from The fact that Cashgames are incredibly hard for me. I am The one who can take a beating at tourney tables evening after evening but on cash I am a complete mentalgame fish. This is mainly due The fact that I get annoyed by some 80/70 players keep connecting and I want to stay at The tables as its easy money on The long run. Also The many mistakes I Make are just so annoying. Herocalling when knowing that am beat..and still clicking call. And so on and so on. Tourney play its one mistake and out but then again The way I played My MTTs I very rarely had the uncomfy River decision during The session. Tourneys are So much easier to play correct where The moniez are Made.

So Focus on SH NLHE and occationally some mission games and tasty bonus tourneys etc.

Getting More into maths especially now aiming to learn postflop equity holding and so on to The point its within Max 5% marginal on error. Games are Getting tougher by The year but when you start doing things right with a thought from the get go it Will Be a lot More easier to get Into Advanced stuff when edges are thinner.

Good hunting for 2018 to all of you.

P.S. keep blogging guys and gals with numbers we learn better.

View attachment 14514

2. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

These are funny. Its nice to smile when you have dug out of a hole made for 2 nights in a ro mainly thanks to playing some HUSNG on the side and catching saome rakeback.

Anyways gotta grind in a lot more hands and then see how things start to look. I have a good feeling about this but then again leaks are there and they need plugging.

NOte on this player is that its a total fish whom i have watched showdown some pretty gnarly hands and loosing smaller pots. So I was not particularly scared oh his/her 3bet since the player was kinda getting into the tiltzone vs. Hero

iPoker - €0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: €7.69 (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
    Hero (CO): €5.21
    BTN: €1.81 (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
    SB: €2.57 (VPIP: 20.31, PFR: 15.63, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 66)

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.07) Hero has J:spade: A:spade:

Hero raises to €0.15, BTN calls €0.15, fold, BB raises to €0.30, Hero calls €0.15, fold

Flop: (€0.77, 2 players) 5:spade: 9:club: 4:spade:
    BB checks, Hero bets €0.38, BB calls €0.38

Turn: (€1.53, 2 players) 2:spade:
    BB checks, Hero bets €0.91, BB calls €0.91

River: (€3.35, 2 players) J:heart:
    BB bets €6.10, Hero calls €3.62

Hero shows J:spade: A:spade: (Flush, Ace High)
    (Pre 31%, Flop 48%, Turn 100%)
    BB shows K:heart: A:club: (High Card, Ace)
    (Pre 69%, Flop 52%, Turn 0%)
    Hero wins €10.09

[​IMG]

3. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

Short update
    Have had few good days and lots of badones. ALso been tracking a lot of leaks and am working on them. Especially yesterday I had the kinda "clicking" feeling on my play. Finally stopped calling for the miracle card for double up when having a beat range especially on multiway spots. Did work on positional stats and they are still promising except kinda bummed having UTG on the negative side though the sample ain't big yet but need to work on that. Have done GP analysis and especially scouted all the "regs" and especially the loosing regs to look for their leaks for exploiting easy money. Again smaplesizes are kinda irrelevant still with less than 1k hands on most of them. But also realised that some regs that seem to play very fishy style actually are doing an ok job on their stats and along with this the realisation of the "feeling" of someone 3betting all the time is actually rather falsed as there are many times they dont do so but is mainly missed due hand being foldthru after etc. that doesn't leave a mental note in the head.

Abovementioned mental leak is something many pokerplayers seem to suffer from just having that feeling that its that guy again always 3betting. I know that some of them are 3betting just utterly retarded shit like J2o but most of the time their 3betting range needs to get respect and recognition on the flop atleast. For example calling down with AJo doesn't end well on A high board.

Anyways here some giraffes..or filled holes rather.

Well last nitgh I felt great and like i said I had somekinda its all clicking in now feeling.
    [​IMG]

Here is this year at the tables..finally starting to pay more attention to what I should do instead level myself out vs. these mainly very simple villain lines around 7.5k hands that was obviously followed by some annoying runbads and coolers Like villain catching a runner runner flush vs top sets, set vs set flush vs. bigger flush an so on that resulted on some obvious bad plays too. But its all looking and just feeling a lot better.
    [​IMG]

And since its all lots of annoyence putting up a rb line on the PT4 here is a graph with the 20% RB I get from the upcoming VIP level and 15€ deposit bonuses already in.
    [​IMG]

Today a good study session beforehand to warm up then on towards another 1k hands like I tend to put in volume.

GL and HF

4. Dutch

Dutch Active Member

Interesting to read and most of it souds really familiar. Somehow a bit weird to have that much MTT experiance and to face this much trouble in these low cash limits.
    I play some cashgames to the side ass well, graphs seem kinda simillar.
    Anyways, best of luck with these cashgames!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

My main game on MTTs were Turbo and hyperturbo R/A games and some regular speed donkfests on Sunday. So most of My gameplay was stacksizes 0-20bb. Also The big money on MTT is Made on shallower stacksizes So its a very simple game. If game goes to postflop it was usually fit and fold too.

Instead constantly Playing postflop with a lot more Options to deal with and so on. But I try to keep it simple and after 5k hands or So I stopped vein fancypancy and it seems to Be The Best strategy. Also iPoker lobby is awful since u cannot queue but constantly eyeball opening tables So I play 4 speedtables and obviously that is kinda distracting. Luckily I can easily sitout on tables out of interest If I Have difficult decision going on other table.

6. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

Here I am battling HugeGonads (nomen est omen)
    Cashgames are Dead calculated and solved stay out

iPoker - €0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: €9.65 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
    UTG: €4.95
    Hero (CO): €5.07

BTN: €3.31 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
    SB: €8.52 (VPIP: 30.17, PFR: 25.62, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 253)

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.07) Hero has 4:diamond: 4:club:

UTG calls €0.05, Hero raises to €0.15, BTN calls €0.15, fold, fold, UTG calls €0.10

Flop: (€0.52, 3 players) 4:heart: 3:club: 8:diamond:
    UTG checks, Hero bets €0.40, fold, UTG raises to €0.80, Hero raises to €4.92, UTG calls €4.00

Turn: (€10.12, 2 players) 2:diamond:

River: (€10.12, 2 players) 2:heart:

UTG shows Q:spade: A:club: (One Pair, Twos)
    (Pre 46%, Flop 2%, Turn 9%)
    Hero shows 4:diamond: 4:club: (Full House, Fours full of Twos)
    (Pre 54%, Flop 98%, Turn 91%)
    Hero wins €9.62

• Champion Champion x 1
  7. xxIxx

xxIxx Moderator

Wow Time flies.
    Couldnt stay on The uncomfy zone and derailed to Spinners. Did a nice 110bi skyrocket and not a single big win on it.

With that and gathered rollz I dedicated myself to Cashgames with accountability partnership so well thought out am gonna Stick to Playing cash exclusively apart of maybe some bonus MTTs from tickets and whatnot.

Graph from NL5z when I hit 10k hands.