1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Next coaching sessions on Twitch: Ghaleon SNG Tuesday 11.12 at 20 CET -

Who's is the bigger punt????

Discussion in 'Hand analysis' started by reepo, Nov 15, 2018.

1. reepo

reepo Active Member

pretty deep in Big 27 on stars!

Hand is quite wierd overall....This is not a standard line for me but i throw it in from time to time.

Utg is decent reg and is opening alot of hands something like 30-32% from this position,over couple of hundred hand sample, i havent gotten that out of line at this table and thought it was a decent spot that would get alot of respect and if called hand plays pretty good and i like to have bluff 3-bet range vs other regs, something that ive tried to work on, especially from these positions.

Anyway get an overcall from button who is quite a nit reg, at these stakes i think his hand is pretty face up, AA KK QQ almost always 4bet.

utg folds and we get decentish flop, Not many Q's in villians range exept Exactly AQs based on his stats.

I bet tiny because my range is super nutted from this position, he tanks for a bit and calls.

Turn is questionable on both parts i think, I think i prefer to shove on any diamond turn instead. In the end i decided to shove as i didn't think many hands in his range could handle a turn bomb.

From my side, i think this may be a bad shove because i block some of his folding range 1010,JJ. On the other side of the coin , What hands can i really have as a Bluff???

The only hands that can be bluffing are J10s and AK of hearts on the turn.

considering the amount of hands played with each other,Villian can almost never assume i ever have J10s combos in my range and if he thinks about population tendances this is almost always QQ plus.

Yes QQ is unlikely considering he has 1 and theres 1 on the board, He blocks AA good for him, but based on positions and pre-flop action alone I think villian almost always has to fold, he's going to be looking at AA and KK almost always, apart from if its some whale or a massive 3-bettor, none of which he can assume about me by the way.

I guess just shouldn't bother bluffing shit regs, his thought process was probably "but i have top pair....call".

Im not saying this play was awsome on my part by any means, But i am curious who played this worse?

Poker Stars, $24.55 Buy-in (700/1,400 blinds, 175 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 20,916 (14.9 bb)
    BB: 64,889 (46.3 bb)
    UTG+2: 84,321 (60.2 bb)
    Hero (MP1): 49,249 (35.2 bb)
    MP2: 11,455 (8.2 bb)
    MP3: 106,266 (75.9 bb)
    CO: 80,638 (57.6 bb)
    BTN: 18,070 (12.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[​IMG] T[​IMG]
    UTG+2 raises to 3,080, Hero raises to 9,400, 2 folds, CO calls 9,400, 4 folds

Flop: (25,380) 6[​IMG] 9[​IMG] Q[​IMG] (2 players)
    Hero bets 6,775, CO calls 6,775

Turn: (38,930) 2[​IMG] (2 players)
    Hero bets 32,899 and is all-in, CO calls 32,899

River: (104,728) 4[​IMG] (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: 104,728 pot
    Final Board: 6[​IMG] 9[​IMG] Q[​IMG] 2[​IMG] 4[​IMG]
    Hero showed J[​IMG] T[​IMG] and lost (-49,249 net)
    CO showed Q[​IMG] A[​IMG] and won 104,728 (55,479 net)

Tags:
  2. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Well-Known Member
    Poker Coach

Preflop 3bet is ok from time to time but have to be careful in these spots as 3bet-call range is widest at AK, JJ+ or so. CO spot is bit tricky. Imo one way to play in his spot is to just have 4bet range and other is to just have flatting range because otherwise flat range is easily pretty specific and capped.

Suits not visible in hand history so bit tough to comment on postflop. I suppose JT is ok hand for bluff at least if board doesnt offer flush draws because it will have those 8 outs most of time and with rainbow board there are not that many sensible bluffs. Its not blocking calling range which is reason I would like more about AK with flush draw in general as bluff.

For villain to call or not depends on his suit if it blocks any draws from you or not. If AQ is absolute top of his range in this spot then he just have to call it most of time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1